Director of Project Management
Director of Project Management
Chief Operating Officer
Are you passionate about the positive impact that renewable energy can make on our economy and environment?
Are you hungry for a work environment that rewards insight, expertise, and leadership?
Do you make the tough calls, with integrity, keeping client satisfaction front of mind?
Are you a dedicated mentor that drives success through building winning teams?
Does a place with 310 days of blue skies, four beautiful seasons, 15-minute commutes, first-rate biking and hiking, and weekend skiing sound like a place you could live?
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to take our Project Teams to the next level of development, planning, and execution. As part of our leadership team, your experience, creativity, and hard work will be critical to our future and your own career trajectory with us. Relocation assistance to Albuquerque, New Mexico will be considered.
Established in 1998, Albuquerque based Affordable Solar is the leading EPC contractor for utility-scale solar and battery energy storage in New Mexico and ranked 12th nationally in 2019 by Solar Power World. With a significant project pipeline, the company is solidly positioned to succeed in the rapid growth of clean energy across the Southwest.
You will lead our team of Project Managers responsible for executing utility-scale solar and energy storage projects, driving a high degree of cross-functional coordination, and problem-solving from conceptual phases through to project completion. You will bring the skills to implement process improvements for scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, and project closeout across the company.
- Lead, train and recruit additional project managers to a team that is instrumental to the success of the company
- Project master planning including work breakdown structure, estimates, scheduling, “what-if” analysis, and re-planning as required
- Execution for teams against project schedules and budgets
- Project review processes that ensure effective communication with key stakeholders, including formal reporting requirements
- Measurably enhance department effectiveness through coaching employees to develop their technical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple, concurrent construction projects of diverse scope with multiple project teams
- Sees the big picture through the ability to synthesize, analyze, and draw insights from large data sets to inform the best path forward
- Strong business acumen, and an understanding of contracts, contract reviews, budgeting, budgeting reviews, schedules, forecasts, and cost projections
- Expertise with tools, techniques, and methods for project management and document control
- Proficiency in Sharepoint, Salesforce, CMiC, MS Project, and/or other equivalent software
- Skills to navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels across all levels of the organization and externally with clients, potential clients, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or construction management. Relevant work experience also to be considered as an alternative.
- 10+ years of construction management and contracting experience, preferably in solar development or utility infrastructure projects
Affordable Solar is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Seniority Level –Executive
- Renewables & Environment
- Civil Engineering
Employment Type– Full-time
- Project Management