IT Help Desk Technician
IT Help Desk Technician
Based on experience
Position: IT Help Desk Technician
Supervisor: System Administrator
Classification: Full-time, hourly non-exempt
The IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for setting up and maintaining the company’s computer services and equipment for all employees including those working from remote locations. This role will handle everything from day to day help requests to assisting in research and implementation for new company IT solutions. The IT department at Affordable Solar is responsible for almost any device that uses electricity-this includes phones, tablets, desktops, laptops, printers, projectors, servers and more.
- Handle helpdesk service requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Setup, deploy and troubleshoot IT related hardware & software.
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records.
- Purchase IT and related equipment.
- Create guides and how-to documentation for all IT related processes.
- Assist in IT project research and deployment.
- Help create efficiencies and automation of IT tasks when possible.
- Communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical employees.
- Imaging, backing up and restoring data.
- Upgrade common computer components such as RAM or a hard drive.
- Ability to work on concurrent multiple tasks and reset priorities as required.
- Previous desktop support (or similar environment) experience required.
- Basic networking and Windows Server experience (Active Directory, Groups & Permissions, TCP/IP.)
- Experience with Microsoft 365 or similar environment (OneDrive, SharePoint).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Apple OSX. Linux knowledge helpful.
- Detail oriented with positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Able to solve complex problems, organize their workload, have good oral and written communication skills and be detailed.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
- This position requires frequent manual dexterity in combination with eye/hand coordination such as keyboarding, handling of equipment, use of calculator, etc.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach, bend, or kneel.
- This position occasionally requires the lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Willing and able to travel based on the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affordable Solar is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.