Based on experience
Position: Solar Designer
Supervisor: General Manager
Classification: Full-time, hourly non-exempt
The Solar Designer is responsible for creating preliminary designs for residential solar projects based on signed sales contract, performing a site assessment to ensure viability of preliminary design and identify potential construction issues, and completing a formal solar design for residential projects.
- Mechanical and electrical solar designs for residential solar projects
- Communicating any potential issues or changes to the design to the solar consultant and project manager as appropriate
- Walk customer through the critical aspects of their design and obtain their approval for the design to be built as drawn
- Responsible for submitting the documentation necessary for an interconnection application, zoning application and permit applications as necessary.
- Required to update solar designs with changes required in the field and submit paperwork revisions to the appropriate authorities.
- Stay current in the jurisdictional and utility requirements for residential solar projects
- Maintain a positive relationship with local jurisdictions and the utility to help ensure a good reputation for Affordable Solar in the community.
- Provide excellent customer service
Require Skills and Abilities
- Solar experience required
- Solar installation experience preferred
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.