Based on Experience
Position: System/Data Analyst
Pay: Based on Experience
The Systems/Data Analyst is primarily responsible for managing Information Systems and ensuring that they are being utilized effectively. This includes the implementation of necessary modules, system upgrades, and optimization.
Individual must be well versed in different types of systems, including ERPs and CRMs. This position is part of the accounting and Information Technology team and will partner closely with sales and operations.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional customer service skills, strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid team with room for growth and development.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for effective and optimal use of major Technology Systems
- Report to department supervisor regarding major system changes and issues
- Address and resolve reporting needs for the organization
- Work with all company databases to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Prepare and maintain reports for relevant departments
- Ability to integrate systems and eliminate redundancies across systems
- Articulate and concise in both written and oral communication
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to learn new systems independently
- Ability to shift between tasks with ease
- Provide guidance and assistance to other team members and support the team by managing workflow to ensure all reporting needs are met
- Investigate, resolve and respond to inquiries from the field and office staff in a timely manner
- Participate in new module usability testing. Prior to roll-out, System Analyst will assist the project team with software and usability testing.
- Maintain current knowledge of systems as well as anticipated changes (upgrades, new modules, etc.)
- Identify improvement opportunities and change management within the organization.
- Create and maintain internal documentation as support material for on-the-job training
- Enjoy finding solutions, understanding the reason behind each activity, analyzing and sharing information
- Liaison between End Users and the IT team.
- Accountable for the success of the planning and roll-out of new modules
- Accountable for the success of system integrations
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, proficient with Excel, CMiC and Salesforce knowledge and/or experience helpful
- Knowledge of PSQL, Orcale, or any relational database systems
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to effectively, professionally, and diplomatically interface at all levels (Peers, Managers, Executives & Vendors)
- Ability to create technical documentation from complex workflows
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Self-motivated, hard-working, performance-driven
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve and use technology to improve efficiency
- Strong business acumen
- Strong database knowledge
- Ability to manage systems related projects
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business preferred
- Proven experience in an analyst role in a fast-paced environment required
- Minimum of 5 years of analyst experience (electrical/construction contractor preferred)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Experience with Salesforce software a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with CMiC software a plus
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- This position has no direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities at this time, subject to change if necessary, as responsibility change.
- The ideal candidate should be physically able to sit in front of a computer every workday for long hours at a time.
- This job operates in a professional yet casual office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax and mail machines.
- The Systems/Data Analyst works in an office setting and interacting with employees, vendors, callers, internal customers, management, and other accounting and IT team members.
- Work can be fast-paced and demanding.
This is largely a sedentary role working in an office environment. This position would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, stoop, kneel or stand as necessary, manual dexterity necessary to operate office equipment as necessary to perform all aspects of the job.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours often follow those of a typical business work week. However, as the Systems/Data Analyst, you may be required to work weekends, holidays, or after normal business hours if workload demands.
No or limited travel is expected in this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.